One thing this past year has taught us is that the spaces we exist in must...» Read More
At Sustainable Energy Fund, our mission is to promote and invest in sustainable energy technologies and services, helping organizations across Pennsylvania contribute to a more sustainable energy future. While making the switch to sustainable energy can be too costly for some businesses, nonprofits, and municipalities, our Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Loans, Stipulated Energy Savings Agreements, and Company Investments are available to commercial entities and nonprofits in Pennsylvania.
Loan Criteria and Requirements
Sustainable Energy Fund’s loan application process ensures that our in-demand resources are allocated to the organizations that need them most and to projects that align with our mission. In order to qualify for our financing, your project must meet one of the following criteria:
- Reduce energy consumption
- Generate energy from a renewable source
- Replace a dirty fossil fuel with a clean or cleaner energy source
For your application to be considered, you must also submit a non-refundable $150 application fee, as well as the following information and documentation:
- The last three years of business tax returns or CPA-prepared year-end financial statements
- A schedule of business debt
- Your Articles of Incorporation, Partnership Agreement, or Fictitious Name Certificate
- A copy of your project proposal
- Quarterly financial statement
More information on these documents can be found on the application, which includes a checklist for your convenience.
Expedited Underwriting Requests
If requesting a loan under $100,000, you may qualify for expedited underwriting. Loans that meet the qualifications for expedited underwriting need only submit a completed streamlined loan application (see link below) for review.
Please note that these requests can only be fulfilled for borrowers who submit a completed loan application and meet additional criteria. We do not offer expedited underwriting to borrowers whose primary business is selling one or more of the following:
- Tobacco and vaping products
- Fossil fuels
Instead, these businesses must go through our normal application and underwriting process.
Loan Approval Timelines
Sustainable Energy Fund seeks to approve loans for underwriting as efficiently as possible, so you’ll be able to start your sustainable energy project sooner rather than later. Our underwriting timeline depends on the size of the loan requested:
- Under $100,000: Due to our expedited underwriting process for loan requests in this range, you can expect a credit decision within a single business day after we receive your application. Loan requests in this range that do not meet the requirements for expedited underwriting will take one to three business days to process.
- $100,000 to $250,000: Most credit decisions within this range will be made and delivered within one to three business days.
- Over $250,000: If you are requesting a larger loan, the approval process may take between three to 10 days.
Download Your Loan Application Today
Whatever your sustainable energy project, Sustainable Energy Fund is here to help. Jumpstart your energy project today by applying for one of our financing options. Download the loan application now to get started or use the loan calculator below for an estimate on monthly payments.