On Tuesday, July 28, 2020, Centre County Commissioners approved a Resolution to implement Commercial Property Assessed...» Read More
Moving Towards a Sustainable Energy Future
SEF’s primary goal is to move society towards a sustainable energy future. While this goal is an audacious promise beyond ableness, we have continued to work towards making this a reality by living our mission and holding true to our vision and our values.
Our mission is to promote, research, and invest in clean and renewable energy technologies, energy conservation, energy efficiency and sustainable energy enterprises that provide opportunities and benefits for PPL Electric ratepayers in Pennsylvania.
We work to accomplish this mission through our programs. Financially, we aid entities such as small businesses, municipalities and nonprofits to reduce the consumption of energy from non-sustainable resources. Educationally, we create an understanding of and passion for sustainable energy in the leaders of today and tomorrow. In regulatory matters, we intervene in legal proceedings that impact energy conservation, energy efficiency and/or renewable energy policies and laws. We execute our mission in a vibrant, entrepreneurial manner with the aid program sponsors and industry partners.
Our Vision is to lead Pennsylvania in a direction so that today’s needs for environmentally sound, safe, affordable, abundant and reliable energy do not affect the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- We recognize that we have a responsibility to invest in and finance businesses and projects that others would not, all while being cognizant of and balancing the project’s or business’ mission fit and financial risk to the organization
- We value courtesy, honesty, integrity, fairness, respect and trust and strive individually and as a team to “Do The Right Thing” at all times.
- We are committed to personal and professional growth through continuous learning and development of the organization’s staff
- We strive to achieve the mission and goals of the organization in a financially sustainable manner.
- We recognize a responsibility to provide community access to sustainable energy education and to educate the leaders of today and tomorrow in sustainable energy